The guided tour starts from Masua beach and includes the following stages:
- Porto Flavia
- Semi-submerged – the ‘Soffione’ cave
- ‘Acqua Dolce’ bay (presence of karst river)
- Grotta Sardegna (cave with the shape of Sardinia)
- Faraglioni Bay (elephant rock)
- Canalgrande (very important geological site worldwide)
- Portu Sciusciau
- Cala ‘e Forru (a bay with a particular Sardinian oven shaped cave)
- Spanish tower of Cala Domestica (the tower guarded the entrance to the beach where there was a port of embarkation of minerals from the various mines in the area. From the fort you can see the towers of Porto Paglia, Forte di San Vittorio, the island Piana and Capo Pecora. It was used in the 20th century during the Second World War as a watchtower)
- Cala Domestica (natural fjord)
- Pan di Zucchero
- Porto Corallo (inlet set between unmistakable Ordovician pudding rocks, rock with a particular purple color)
- Porto Ferro (old landing place for local fishermen)
- The Faraglioni stacks (Il Morto or Portu Raffa, S’Agustieri, Portu Banda and Portu Nebida)
- Laveria Lamarmora (building that once housed the sorting machines intent on selecting the extracted minerals and “washing” them, appears isolated on a mountain overlooking the sea. It stands next to the calcination furnaces, the mineral and goods warehouse, the old mooring pier for the balance-ships. The whole complex fell into disuse in the mid-1930s).
Departure in the morning at 09:00, every day by reservation and marine weather conditions permitting.
During the Tour there are 3 stops for a 15-minute swim each in four different bays.